The OLHC Religious Education Program is based on the core document “Awakenings” developed by the Religious Education Centre, Ballarat. Our Religious Education Program aims to:
● Assist the children to recognise the presence of Jesus in their lives, through his life and the scriptures.
● Encourage the children to experience themselves as part of creation and to recognise all creation as a sign of God’s goodness;
● Provide a climate where the children’s faith can be nurtured in trust and freedom.
● Lead the children to know, to understand and to appreciate the spiritual and religious dimensions of life as expressed in the Catholic faith tradition.
● Assist the children to appreciate belonging to and celebrating with the local parish community.